• Friday, July 23, 2010

    one year older

    Summer turned 8 on June 30. She was excited about turning a year older but we were ALL excited about  getting rid of her car seat. Finally!! Quintin always says that whoever invented car seats never had any children themselves. It is such a pain. He was gone for a few days over this time. Anyway, I got a little off track there.


    We celebrated her birthday a little early because Lexi was at our house. I thought it would be fun this year to decorate cupcakes.






    She was super excited to see all her gifts and of course to turn 8.

    I let her open one a day early. It was very hot that day.

    See those faces. We. are. hot. Do. something. about. it!
    So I let her open this hose thingy that squirts water everywhere. It was a little crazy but they enjoyed getting wet and cooling off.


    So the next evening she opened the rest of her gifts. I'm not sure why but I never took a picture of her gifts after she opened them. She got an American type doll from Target, a pack of ten shoes for the doll, Dora panties, bubbles, chalk, and more. I can't remember everything. The doll was a big hit. I'm so glad that she still likes getting dolls and panties with characters on them. They grow up fast enough. I also put her birthday card in the balloon and blew it up. I had seen it done somewhere but like so many things I try it was harder to do then I thought. Well, Summer happy birthday. We love you!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment