• Wednesday, July 21, 2010

    New flooring


    In June we decided to FINALLY redo all the flooring in our entire house. So 9 months after moving here we finally have new flooring. It has made such a difference.
    This is the kitchen leading into the dining room. The kitchen is on the right. As you can tell the flooring is already torn out.



     


               This is how we lived. It was our living room/kitchen.I felt like I was at the cabin for some reason. At least I never had to walk far to get the kids anything. Need juice? Here ya go. New diaper? No problemo. Relax on the recliner? One step back. Watch a movie? While eating? Okay doke!





         At last the finished product. It was not decorated the way I liked it yet. The sofa is in the dining room because that room was getting carpet next. What a crazy week!




    This is the kitchen. Please just look at the flooring. doing this. Organizing meal time, naptime, having furniture in your way, etc. is not for the faint of heart or a pregnant women. But I'm not going to complain because now it is just a bad memory and I GOT me some new flooring! We would like to have a new kitchen or just paint it but that is such a big under taking we are not sure if we are up to it. Someday!




    This is the living room with the carpet torn out. Those spots are so gross. I don't even want to think what they are.



    Back the hall to the bedrooms. I am not a great picture taker.




    This is the carpet. I was feeling so overwhelmed when we were picking out carpet that I just chose the same carpet through out the whole house. The next homeowners are going to think I had no imagination!



    Katrina was at our house when we were putting the kitchen flooring in and Lexi was at our house the rest of the time. I should have said no to having another kid over but what is one more and ya just can't say no to those faces. Actually my sister in law picked them up every night and took them to bible school. It was such a life saver!! She'll never know how much I appreciated that!  Here Lexi and Summer are playing a game in the toy room. All the office things are in there because you guessed it we were putting new carpet in there too.




    Summer, Violet, and Sara's bedroom with the old carpet. It got the same carpet as the rest of the house.





    Anthony and Luci's room I think with the new carpet but you can't really tell because all our things were stuffed in there.



    This is Quintin and my bedroom. Without carpet. Can you guess the carpet we put in? Very good. The same as the rest of the house!



    I think the children kind of enjoyed all the chaos. They seem to roll with the punches a little better than us adults. They expecially liked sleeping out in the living room. 



    The last room that got flooring was the toy room bathroom. It needed to be gutted because water had leaked. It got the same flooring as the kitchen. We are actually still trying to paint that room a month later.



    Well, there ya have it. I really need to post some new pictures of the rooms but I feel like I'm always in the middle of  redecorating or just plumb trying to keep it clean.

    And to leave on a positive note we did get baths during that time!! These are my babies, Anthony and Sara.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment