• Saturday, June 30, 2012

    Olivia hit the two digits!!

    Our oldest daughter just went ahead and turned 10.
    Her birthday was June 30th and yes, I only got around to getting her pictures off my camera. I needed room on my card for other things or they might have been on there for another year!


    We had Hoot owl party for her. She was so excited to invite her friends.
    We sent out these owl invitations.



    The day of the party I took them swimming at my sister-in-law's pool.




    I had a little snack at the pool for them to enjoy.
    I took an idea from Bible school for the food.
    I gave them some pretzel sticks for twigs, cheese whiz to hold them together and white gum drops as eggs and they made a little hoot owl nest. I also had grapes so it would offset all the cheese whiz they would likely consume.


    They fed the horses some grass before heading home.


    At home we had supper. I made grilled cheeseburger wraps,
    (they have been a big hit in our home thanks to pinterest), macaroni and cheese and peas. I bought tiny little cups and put ketchup in them to dip their wraps in. Quintin drilled holes in the top of canning jar lids for their cups. 

    
    For dessert they made owl cupcakes. Oreos for the eyes and M&MS for the nose.
    The oreos are supposed to be opened up but since I had refrigerated them they were cold and just cracked. I thought they looked a little odd but the girls enjoyed being creative with them.



    When we got home from the pool, Olivia's birthday gift had arrived through the mail and was sitting on the front porch. Talk about good timings! I let her open it.


    The girls all gave her a little something.

    After that they had craft time.
    They mod podged owls to wood and painted ceramic owls.
    I put their mod podge in the same type cups that I put the ketchup in. Those little paper cups sure came in handy.   




    Later in the evening Olivia gave her guests a tote with gifts in.
    They each got an owl shirt to wear for bed, bubbles, jump rope, glow sticks, and an owl water bottle.
    It also served as a way to carry their crafts home. 


    So to wind down for the night we put an American girl doll movie in. As you can tell Quintin was so excited about all the girliness going on in the house. I should add that the other children went to Grandma's house. He probably wished he could go too. I figured Madi would stay for the party but, come on, miss out going to Grandmas? Not a chance!

    I made hanging jars for when it got dark so they would have some light.

    I set up their sleeping quarters in the corner of the deck. (Yes it's unfinished)
    The next morning they admired their owls and checked to see if they were dry.
    Really it was so warm the previous day that they had dried really fast.



    Olivia served them waffles cut into sticks, bananas, yogurt, and chocolate milk.




    Yuppers used those little cups again for syrup.

    Time to say good bye.
    Olivia had been looking forward to this party ever since I had Madi's party last year.


    ***************************
    I love my ten year old.
    She has a servants heart.
    Her younger siblings adore her and we will miss her when she goes back to school. She is good at helping Madi with her chores, putting Abbi's dolly clothes on, and hooking up Preston's tractor and wagons.

     





    2 comments:

    1. Wow,such creativity!(something I admire greatly because I don't have any :)Looks like a very fun party!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love it Deann! Gonna have to use this idea for Alondra's party some day!

      ReplyDelete