• Saturday, June 23, 2012

    Lake Tobias, A real adventure

    That's what they advertise and that is what we got. We had Camrin and Anya for the weekend so we decided to go to Lake Tobias. I have not been there since I was a little girl. It's funny how things are a little different as you get older.
    I wish I could say one of the kids took the pictures but I can not tell a lie. It was me. I was being all flippy and turny with my settings when I should have just let it be. I should not be allowed to own a camera.

    I believe this is the only picture with everyone on. Well, except me. I'm always behind the camera.


    LOL! This picture cracks me up! I told them to look scared. They were like, What do you mean? Olivia is still trying to figure it out. That or she is totally embarrassed to be told to act weird. She's at THAT age.

    Another attempt at a group shot. Sadly missing Preston and me, of course.

    *************************************

    Next we went on a tour to see the animals. I was pleasantly surprised to see they still had the cutoff buses. I figured by now they would have some fancy shmancy off road vehicle. 




    It was such a hot day I thought the animals would just stay sitting in the shade. But I guess like humans they were willing to exert themselves a little if food was involved.





    ****************************


    Touching an alligator? crocodile? at the reptile exhibit.

    ********************************
    Next we headed to the petting zoo. The heat was starting to make us cranky but I was looking forward to the petting zoo the most so being an awesome mom I drug everyone there yet.





    Poor Preston was sweating like crazy.





    We had a memorable day at Lake Tobias but come to think of it I'm not sure Camrin and Anya have been back since!  


    No comments:

    Post a Comment