• Friday, August 10, 2012

    Party time!

     I can't believe how fast this summer went by! I love summer and I just wanted to enjoy every moment and do so many fun summer things that I think it went by even faster! I am so far behind here that I'm not even sure where to begin. I was told that with scrap booking you should start with the pictures that are newer because you will be more excited about them and you remember it a little more. So I guess I'll start more recent and go back. I will probably date my posts with the date it actually happened so it will be in order and when I look back I will know the actual date. So know that Olivia and Madi are back in school and most of my canning and freezing is done I can put a little effort into this over nap time. (Although Jess, my sister-in-law just called and asked about doing applesauce with her) Those in-laws! :)

    Anyway, I would like to start with my friend, Mary Lou's 40th birthday party.
    We actually celebrated a half year later but I think she still enjoyed it although we didn't really surprise her. We all got babysitters and were going to go swimming WITHOUT kids but like all our get togethers disaster struck and it rained. The night before we had a furious storm and two trees came down and there were leaves and branches all over our yard. Oh well at least we didn't get a blizzard this time. Right, ladies?






    Also I want to add. I am the worst at taking pictures at a party. I trying to get everything ready or usually I'm gabbing and later when everything is eaten or destroyed I only think, oh, I should have taken a picture of that. Also my camera has been broken for the last year so I'm trying to coax it along. I got a lot of these pictures from Lisa who managed to take pictures while juggling a newborn! Wish I had it all together like that!



     



    Jen brought the iced coffee complete with whipped cream and chocolate! YUM!!



    

    Lisa got some awesome cupcakes from Sublime cupcakes in Lititz.  They were so  good. Great idea, Lisa! They need to show up everytime we get together.


    This little darling, Zoey was allowed at the party. Because who really could say no to her. She is around a month old here and finally the size of my newborns. What a peanut!




    We had so much fun just sitting around talking even if we couldn't go swimming.  You might not be able to get word in edge wise but there is never a quiet, dull, akward moment then!



    

    1 comment:

    1. Thanks for having a party for me...It was fun..but please don't make me act my age..lol
      And look at you ..just a canning!!!
      Mary Lou

      ReplyDelete