• Monday, March 26, 2012

    Kitchen remodel

    Be ready for a boat load of pictures but this project was a boat load of work. For Quintin anyway.
    For me it just took a boat load of patience. I don't know how many times this project was pushed off.

    Here is a before. We were already starting to tear out the cabinets but this is basically it. Excuse the mess but I was trying to empty out the last of the cabinets.
    Everything torn out an repainted. I went with a gray-blue that we already have in our dining room. We added the pendent light a few months ago. The next time the electrician comes we'll get the ceiling fan replaced.

    And the kitchen cabinets arrived! I freaked out alittle because boy, were they white!
    A lovely picture of the rest of our house in shambles. We moved the fridge, stove, and dishwasher into the dining area. Then moved the table into the playroom area.
    And dum-dum-dum-dum!

    Our brand spanking new kitchen!
    Which I love, love, love!
    After months of  second guessing ourselves on the color, I am so glad we went with white.
    I love bright kitchens. So that's why I went with
    white cabinets
    stainless steel appliances
    and
    under cabinet lighting

    We are still planning on adding a back splash eventually but we are in the middle of a bathroom remodel so that kind of got pushed to the side. We were planning on going with white subway tile but I saw this penny tile which I love but I don't think it will fit in our budget so we'll see. Also now that I look back at their post with their big kitchen reveal, I just want to add that I had my dish towel hanging over my stove handle first. :)




    Yeah, a spice rack and hidden trash cans.
    Anyway, there you go. I feel very blessed to have this kitchen. We tried to do it as cheap as we could by shopping around but we also had to keep in mind that we have little children plus Quintin does have a job or he probably would have helped more with installing the cabinets which would have helped with cost.
    We were very happy with the price of the cabinets though and the guy was really nice to work with. Although, he was a little lot skeptical about the color.

    5 comments:

    1. nice blog, i like it to stop and read your article

      ReplyDelete
    2. Nice... Really nice. Like it alot. Dreaming of having a nice kitchen sometime myself.

      ReplyDelete
    3. LOVE the new look! It looks so bright and cheery! Love the flooring too!

      ReplyDelete
    4. very nice Deann! was the guy who was skeptical of the color my husband?! it looks amazing, way to go!
      Kris

      ReplyDelete
    5. love your kitchen, Deann! would love to know if you are wiping off a lot of handprints on the cabinets. i love the look of a white kitchen.

      ReplyDelete