• Monday, May 14, 2012

    Mother's Day weekend

    We had a pretty normal weekend.
    It started out with Quintin digging holes for posts for our new deck.


    The children got so dirty.
    As soon as they go out our back door they seem to get covered with powder like dirt but I keep reminding myself it will all be worth it.
    They had to get in the hole. Abbi's not too sure about it. Quintin poured cement in the bottom of each hole. Hopefully we can get the deck started at the end of this week!


    * * * * * * * * * * * * *


    Preston woke up early from his nap and helped me make zucchini bars.
    MMMM! SUGAR!



    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

    I wanted to take some pictures with the children. Because I was (as usual) behind the camera it started out with me taking random pictures.
                                               
                                                           This picture makes me smile.




    Finally my turn.
    I love being a mother to these children that God has blessed me with.
    Even though there were times I wondered if I would ever be a mom God had a plan for my life all along.


    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

    I have been wanted to catch Preston in the act of doing this for awhile.
    Which wasn't too hard because he does it quite often.
    He "stands" on his head and plays with his toys.
    Today he was also making motor noises.
    HeY!! Who's taking pictures.
    Look mom! I can do it too.


    * * * * *
    I also saw him playing with his trains while sitting like this.
    He is really starting to sit for along time and play.
    It might help because I went through the toys again and just left out what fits in my two ottomans.


    What now?! I need to investigate.


    What cha doing , mom?

    Well, all in all, a fun weekend.
    Happy late mother's day to all you mothers.
    And may God give grace to all the women who are praying to become a mother. I know this is a hard holiday but God has a plan for everyone who believes in Him. When things don't make sense I'm reminded of a crazy quilt. To us who only see our patch and a few surounding it seems ugly and crazy but God can see the whole quilt (the whole picture) and it is beautiful.

    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment